Saturday, December 7, 2013

And Mary Responded, "I am the Lord's servant..."

And Mary Responded, "I am the Lord's servant..."

Before this, Zachariah, who was a astound priest, was told something similar, but he did not believe the angel.   You see, faith, is for everyone, from the least to the greatest.

The same holds true today.  We so often think that is the guy up front that would be the most blessed, or find the most 'favor' with God.  But the truth is, God chooses who he wants to.  Now we can get theological and try to understand why he chooses who he does, maybe this choice is done before time ever began, or maybe its because of obedience and discipline in our lives as Christians, but regardless, God moves.  Its nothing that we can do, all Glory to God.  He is what moves, so we can learn a simple lesson once again, be faithful to God, as he is faithful to us.

Beyond that, there is so much more I take from Mary's very simple response.  You see, the angel came, told her what was going to happen, she didn't even second guess.  Just, jumped right in.  I am the Lord's Servant.  There's a few other times that have these little one liners that have touched me in the past and deal with the same thing as they are responses, even cries out to the Lord:
 1st Samuel 3:10 - Samuel replied; "Speak Lord, your servant is listening."
       This is something I say often, first humbling myself before my Lord.
Isaiah 6:8 - Isaiah said; "Here am I, send me"
      Again, just ready and willing to follow God's call, no matter what it is.

But I think you can see the common theme in these all.  These are all examples of being a servant of Christ.  Jumping in fully to whatever God has for you, for wherever he has put you or asked you to do.

Well, I've started to see some of this happen in my own life.  I work as a delivery driver for a local pizza place, I've been doing this as a second gig since I turned 18... shoot, that's 6 years ago!   Anyway, I'm back there again, and I'm just trying to be myself planted in Christ.  Well, its already made a difference.  My manager, who hasn't gone to church since 2003, saw me at church 2 weeks ago... I didn't even invite her or say anything.  But what an answer to prayer!  You must realize, I work in a place where the employee's have rough lives.  Are usually high or drunk daily, who feel they have no hope or way out.  We have the opportunity to be Lights in this Dark world.  The darker of a place you go, the brighter your light can shine.  All Glory to God.


Chained to him,

Jeremy
jcrob33@gmail.com


I was plowing the other day. From 11pm to 4 am. 



And it was fricken cold!!!




Getting Christmas weird.  




No comments:

Post a Comment