Wednesday, January 22, 2014

How He Loves

     Its a song.  That you all have heard before I'm sure.  And by itself, its a beautiful song that can open your heart to just How much the Lord loves us, loves you, loves everyone around.  A concept that always seems so simple, but gets deeper and deeper the longer you follow Christ.

    Anyway, I was sitting in my office today at Faith Lutheran Church, just getting ready for the next few weeks with the youth group, going over lessons and what not.  This song came on Pandora, and I was reminded of the origins of this song.   I you don't know it, take 5 minutes to listen to this video.  Trust me, its worth it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1noag-BWqHc.

   The Holy Spirit hit me.  In a big way.  I say the Holy Spirit did, because I'm much too selfish to have these thoughts on my own:   I started crying in my office like a weirdo, I mean, I've only been here 2 weeks, and already I'm having a break down in my office!  But God moves, I'm there, I'm ready.  I am praying that same prayer, "God, I would give my life today if it would shake the youth of the nation."  I want to stand up and proclaim that.  I've always been called to youth and wanted to help them, but its such a different process to say, I give my life today if it would shake the youth of the nation.

   Just like John says though, don't let it be my song, don't let it be about me, some how some way, All Glory To God.   I will start with the 12 kids I have here, how easily can we spread a revival with 12 kids that are on fire for Christ.  

1 comment: