Wednesday, July 9, 2014

We shall go to the gates of Hell.






What's your number one goal in life? Do you have one? Or like a phrase or sentence that you live by? This is probably not something we all think about often, but if you had to break it down, could you put into one sentence your ultimate goal in life?
I've heard things like; 'To have the most fun', or 'to enjoy every moment', or 'try everything once'. We know, these aren't good enough to use as a life goal, but often its a good starting point.

Let me tell you mine, "To proclaim the name of Jesus Christ in everything I say and do, even when its awkward or hard."
Now, this might seem like a slightly immature sentence, and it really is, mostly because this is something that has been on my heart since High School (which is why I needed to have the "awkward" part in there), but its a nice reminder to be able to look back on daily.

Well, all that to say, if my goal is to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ above all else, it stands to reason that I should want to bring glory and honor to his name and make His name known. That's the key today that I'm realizing, make His name known.

We, as Christ followers, need to go after people. After their hearts, and souls, and minds. Look an essential part of being a Christian is to constantly care for and love God's people. So, together, We shall go down into the gates of Hell in order to save a lost soul who needs to hear about Jesus, will you join me?

My best bud Matt and I use to talk about these things a lot a few years back. I remember just turning 21 and sitting in my Jeep at a park late at night with him (sounds like a awkward first date), and we came up with the metaphor used from the movie 300.

If you remember, in that movie, its a group of 300 well trained men who go against thousands and thousands in the Persian army. Each soldier was required to be able to hold a heavy shield in such a way that if would cover the left half of their own body, but also, the right half of the person next to you. This was how they were able to be so strong. The shield wasn't simply used to save themselves, but the person next to them. The shield wasn't a selfish piece of equipment, but used to help a fellow brother.

Will you come on this journey with me? As we head into spiritual warfare, can we stand together and protect each other? Let us stand together in order to proclaim the name of Jesus Christ in everything we say and do, no matter if it is awkward or hard.


Jeremy





1 comment:

  1. Jeremy! I love this ... And it speaks so much to the blessing of having the body of Christ around us. We were never meant to live life alone. It's so important that we have our buddies next to us, helping hold up those shields like your analogy :) We need out brothers and sisters to stand with us, intercede and contend for us in hard times. Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to see what else you have to share!

    ReplyDelete