Sunday, February 17, 2013

Step into the Challenge...

*I'll have pictures tomorrow, the internet here is terrible*


    These were the first and last words that were said to me by my mentor when we talked about YWAM.  And boy... was he right. I didn't realize that this would be as intense as it has already been. This is the first weekend and we already went for a weekend away.  Sleeping on the hard ground, 40 of us sharing one bathroom, stuffing into a tiny bus for a 5 hour bus ride on bumpy roads, making snow-cones for a festival for hours in the hot sun. What a ride.  It's already been very busy and deep.

For future reference, I'll be talking about what we're doing in the first bit, then what I think/feel in the second half.

We went to something called a Watermelon Festival, they just do things with watermelons I guess? Like... who thinks of this stuff? They try to ski while strapping watermelon to their feet, they give out free watermelons, they dress up like watermelons... I mean really... Awesome.
Played a lot of sports with all these new friends, talked to some of the locals, played games, just hung out... YWAM style! ;)

Anyway, Here's the truth of it all, Step into the challenge is kind of a big thing and might just be something that I'll have to stick to over the next 6 months.  For example, one of my DTS leaders asked at a meeting "Who wants to help with the Hot Dog stand?" Normally I wouldn't for whatever reason, but I thought to myself, I want to do everything I can out here, and instantly raised my hand. I know this seems small, and it really is, but its a step to where things might come.

Theology here starts tomorrow, I'm interested to see what God has in store for me.  Here, everyone believes in Baptism of the Holy Spirit, something I've never really been apart of.  I'm just trying to be open to everything, just using my filter from what Christ Honoring people have told me in the past.

I'm bonding with everyone here pretty well, even though I'm the oldest here, well, there's one other girl (Jessica) that's 24, but for the most part I'm the oldest here.  We seem to all have a pretty good connection. Its hard trying to be social for 15 hours a day but I've been making it work, there are a few guys (Ronnie) that I've been getting close to, its really cool.  I'm excited to create lasting relationships that are Christ honoring.

Missing you guys. Lots.



P.S. Its funny because while I'm writing this, guys behind me are watching a little gecko run around after a cockroach.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time! The gecko and cockroach sounds funny. Missing you!
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the watermelon festival. I think I may have to check it out some day. Can't wait to hear about your future encounters with the HS. It's gonna be wild.

    ReplyDelete