Sunday, May 5, 2013

A cup of coffee can change your life...

         It really depends on your company.  Actually, I would like to take that a step further, it depends on your topic of conversation, even further, it all depends on being able to listen.  If you have these three things, with a touch of wisdom and a focus of Jesus, basic conversation can very easily change your life on a daily occasion.  That being said, I had some really great conversations over coffee this weekend.  (Coffee, the Christian cocaine)

        This week was on relationships.  It was kind of cool being back at base and having a classroom and a bed and a kitchen.  Good break from the normal.  We talked about the different kind of relationships and being humble in them, but most of the week was about significant relationships.  "That special one that everyone is looking for, and now you're all looking around the room trying to find him/her..."  It was pretty funny.  It was really cool to look into some of the base leaders relationships and see what a God centered relationship looks like.  Its encouraging and I do appreciate the advice for the future.

      Honestly, the coolest part of this last week has been this weekend, which is just now ending.  Ronnie and I went on a weekend adventure as we finally had some time off from school activities.  We took a 3 hour train north to Sunshine Coast, which has another YWAM base that we got to stay at.  The main reason we went was to see Sean, who was a speaker that we had on the topic of "Hearing The Voice of God."  He was the one that broke some walls that I had up for a while.  Anyway, we headed up there, had a house to ourselves and got to just relax for a while.  We were able to borrow some surf boards and surf, well, really, I just fell a lot, but it was still a blast! The best part was sitting down to coffee with Sean, and hanging around with R(another leader from that base that spoke at our base).  I'm realizing more and more just how important moments like those are.

      I just let them talk for the most part, about the bible, about what its like to have a family, about going into full time missions.  Anything and everything.  I tried to just soak up wise words from guys who have been in my spot before.  Honestly, made me rethink about what my life is going to look like. I want to live radically for Jesus Christ, I want to give up my comforts and give everything I have to his name.  S and R are both guys who did that.  R is moving in two days to Africa with his wife and his three small children.  Things like this are what I think I'm called to do.

     That being said, I just want to thank all the people in my life who have poured into me.  Looking around I realize just how blessed I am.  We talked a little about families this week too and I realized again just how blessed I am to have the parents that I have.

     One of the other big things I'm learning this week is DTS... that is Die To Self.  We, as christian, are called to give up our lives completely for Christ.  This could mean, not making a name for ourselves in what we do daily, or doing acts of kindness when no one is watching, or doing the dirty job that no one wants to do, or the basics of opening a door for someone else.  Its a life style.  It is the lifestyle we should strive for.  Its a choice, daily and constant.  I am learning that I have to remind myself daily to choose to die to myself, I am nothing, He is everything.

Jeremy


e-mail: Jcrob33@gmail.com
Instagram: Jeremyrobinson33
Twitter: JeremyR33




Sean's coffee from Kai Coffee.


Ronnie.  At the house we stayed at for the weekend.

View from where we ate dinner. Yes, that's the ocean!

Long train rides!





No comments:

Post a Comment