Tuesday, May 21, 2013

How Do You Explain The Unexplainable?


      This happens often right? And, we don't even realize it.  We use words like 'stuff' or 'thing' or the 'you know' or in Hawaii 'Dakine'.  Its a problem that people have, not being able to explain things, in a way that others can understand.  Heck, I even minored in communication and often have a hard time trying to explain things, ending with the ever popular term "you had to be there."  Well, all that to say, one of these extraordinary times happened just the other night, and its a night that changed my life forever.
      Lectures last week was all on Lordship.  Now by the use of google, you can quickly find out that it means "Supreme power or rule, the authority or state of being a lord." But if I were to break it down in one sentence, I would say; giving up everything to God and picking up your cross.  Its a simple idea, we talk about it a lot in the church.  Heck, I say it all the time in daily conversation.  But take a minute and really think about it.  Are you willing to give up everything to Christ? Like, having a car? a home? being near family? having friends? Its a simple thing to be able to say, but to actually walk out and do, its a scary thought.
     The end of the week came quickly, and I was nervous for it all week.  They call it a 'ministry' day, one way to look at it is "Holy Spirit Workshop."  Its really intense and is much different than anything I've ever experienced.  We went through a process, different steps, if you will.  Taking time to repent, to apologize to each other, give away some of our possessions, worship, a few got baptized, more worship, and pray for each other, and more worship.  Like I said, its hard to explain, but it was a life changing day.  For me personally, I laid down my passport, which represents my home, my family, everything I own.  Saying that I was ready to go out into the world as the call comes, which I'm starting to realize more and more my heart and call for missions.  I don't know when or where, but I want to give my life completely to Christ, even if that means moving half way around the world by myself.  "Here am I, send me."
    The time here is going so fast, I can't even keep up.  Everyday going faster then the one before.  It doesn't help that we're entering winter here and the sun is starting to set at 5:30.  But its crazy how fast its all moving, I feel like I've only been gone a few weeks, but we just started week 14! Only a few more weeks until outreach, and I can only assume my time in India is going to fly by also.  As I write this, my team and I are preparing worship for when we go to churches and need to run services.  Its a good thing I've been playing Djembe for the past few years, its a gift that I've been using regularly while here and only assume I'll use quite often while in India too.


More to come soon.

Chained to him,
Jeremy








2 comments:

  1. Cute hoodie. And I'm excited the HS is moving in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Djemgay. You would be good at that. Its Matt if you didnt guess

    ReplyDelete