Wednesday, June 12, 2013

This has been said so many times, I'm not sure if it matters

Follow God with everything you have.  It is so basic.  Nothing else matters but following him.  But its something that we all know, we've all heard, we are reminded of everyday.  But actually doing it every single day is so much different.  Once we can get this fact into our heart, soul, and mind, it changes our perspective on everything.  "Yes, Everything else is worthless when compared to the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.  For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ." (Philippians 3:8)  
      My team leaves for India in 3 days.  Its the same feeling I had when I came here.  Nervous and excited.  I have no idea what it is going to be like.  We talk a lot about what bad things and warnings and dangers we could potentially have there, but rarely do we actually talk about the good things, which I know are there in full.  My prayer just keeps being that I will fall so in love with the people and culture and even the food, that I don't want to leave.  This would give me and my team true excitement and energy to keep moving on and pushing hard.  As for now, I'm realizing more and more, with everything, just seek after Jesus Christ.  Nothing else matters but to glorify his name.  Thats what keeps my nervs down about leaving for outreach.
    We actually fly into Calcutta for a day, which we have been told that it is the hardest place for westerners to visit because of the huge culture shock.  Which is actually what I wanted.  Then we'll take a 17 hour train up to Darjeeling.  Should be pretty crazy.  Then, we'll be staying at the Darjeeling YWAM base, going from there we will be headed out into the villages for a couple days at a time.  Here we will be doing everything from running kids ministry to running churches to house visits.  We are going to have to be flexable and be willing to do anything because we are there to serve.  There is a chance that my team and I will get the opportunity to speak in a Bible college there.  No clue what it would be about, but it would be pretty cool to talk some basic theology. :)


Here are some pictures of what we were doing last week in Roma on the Pass It On Tour.  We are just there to serve the community.  
    
Nursing home worship!

We were at a pastors house, helping to redo some church chairs
and we took a break.  Ronnie and I broke the Trampoline.

Emmelee.  I'm bringing her home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment