Monday, July 15, 2013

The question on my mind...

   Alright I don't know where I'm going to go with this because there is a lot I can say, but only so much that I should over the internet. But this will probably be more of a place for me to vent some of what I'm thinking and feeling over the last week or so, just a heads up...
     We have worship every morning with our team.  Usually just for a half hour or so, and its normally just Ronnie on a acoustic Guitar, sometimes when we really want to get wild I'll pickup and Djembe they have here on base.  Its usually relatively quiet as its early in the morning and no one really wants to talk let alone sing.  Our leaders really have to push us to do it, but its a good thing and we always see the benefit of praising Jesus in the morning and throughout our day.  Anyway, we often sing this song called "Set A Fire" by Will Reagan and there is a line in it that says "There's no place that I'd rather be."   This song and this line has effected me many times and gotten me through some hard times in life even.  It's something that I have to say just about every morning I'm here.  And once I say it I realize just how amazing it is to be here, there really is no place I would rather be, even when its hard and I miss home.  The days are going by faster and faster and things are starting to mix together where I don't realize what we're actually doing anymore or know the schedule.  People at the coffee shop next to base are getting to know us and our orders, its like, we're starting to actually submerge into the culture and lifestyle here.  Something that just wouldn't happen on most missions trips when you only go somewhere for two weeks or even a month.
    Anyway, Last week we did a kids camp again, it was quite different then the kids camp from a few weeks ago.  Honestly, it was a tough one only because we were just kind of thrown into it.  It was a day camp for 52 Hindu and Buddhist kids who didn't speak too much English.  And we were asked to basically run the entire thing.  If you know me, you know that I have some experience in working with kids and youth, and I quite enjoy that stuff.  This just added and extra little challenge. I pulled a lot of the games/activities/songs from one of my all times favorite camps; SKSK.  I constantly go back to that camp and how much I've learned from it while being a leader there.  So, if any of you SKSKers are reading this, just know that the skills you learn there, as in, how to work with kids and be able to stay organized in a large group situation, are valuable skills you will use the rest of your life.  Because of this skill, I was able to help run a great camp, especially with the rest of the team bringing energy and support.
    But back to the origins of this Blog, The question on my mind...
    What the heck am I going to do after DTS?  Suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts?  I mean I have a few of my own but I'd be open to just about anything at this point!  This hits me harder as I was forced to celebrate my 24th birthday last week.  24.  I mean come on.  I never thought I would be where I am now at the age of 24.  I feel like I've barely turned 21 and have just been able to explore the world, and explore myself!  I thought my this time I would be married, or at least on the road to it!  Figured I would be in a settled down place where I would be sitting for the next 15 or 20 years! But instead I'm just a kid and life is only now beginning.  What a ride.
     I first left home thinking that I would just put life at home on pause, and go straight back after DTS to my life at the church, working, same friends, same place.  I've come to find this just isn't possible.  Oh I'm not saying I'm not coming home, I very well could be there for the rest of my life, good old Highlands Ranch, Colorado.  But its not possible for me to run through the same things as before, I've changed, completely.  So now, I have options, where will I go now? Where will I end? What is my 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 2 year plan?  I can rightfully say, I don't have one.  Current thoughts.  Right as I get home, I'll actually do a bit of traveling in the states for weddings, vacation, catching up, and such.  During this time I want to push myself to truly read through the bible, as every morning I'm forced to shut it and start the day wanting to instead keep my head in the Word.    But after that, what?  I could come back to Aussie and staff for 1.5 years.  I could go to Seminary for my MDiv, I could look for a youth worker Job, I could move to California.     I honestly pray that God will Close doors, as well as open the right ones.
This has been my prayer:
"I am yours do what you wish, I am yours and I know this.  I am yours do what you wish."


Chained to him,

Jeremy

To learn more of my India Outreach. Visit: indiaywam.blogspot.com




Beautiful hikes. Would have been much nicer if I wasn't carrying all our gear! Weighing about 60 pounds. 



1 comment:

  1. I like the move to California option ;)

    But in all seriousness, that is nothing for you to be concerned with right now. Just focus on the now and don't worry about what is coming. If you keep focusing on what is to come it will drive you nuts. Just know that God has your back. He is clearly walking right along side you and is doing amazing things with your life.

    I miss you man. Hope you can make it out to Cali or I can make it out to Colorado when you get back.

    Geoff

    PS. I always have a couch for you to crash on here in Cali ;)

    ReplyDelete