Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'm just trying my best to keep us all singin'


     I've only been writing blogs since January, that's just about 7 months, and I constantly question if its doing any good.  If people are reading it, or inspired by it, or care about what I'm doing (besides my parents, Hi mom!).  So every time I come to write a new one I tend to look back and think, is this worth doing?  Well the answers to my question came in many different ways this week. First, writing this helps me to work through things.  This is probably obvious to most of you and you can probably play it out like I'm a struggling movie character in a classic horror movie, everyone knows that the monster/zombie/murder is hiding behind the door but for some reason the character in the movie just doesn't see it!  Second, I come to check out my views of my blog every once in a while and see that on average, there are 155 views to each blog I write.  That to me is crazy.  So thank you for caring.  Third, is more physical evidence.  In the past few days I have gotten a few E-mails of people telling me that they were touched by something that was said in my blog, people that I've never before talked to in my life, that happen to come across it. And so I will continue on expressing my thoughts and feelings here and working through things.  Just know, that I really do appreciate all you readers, and I love when I get feedback or comments or E-mails from you, I love seeing the outside perspective of things. So thank you!  Dr. Watson once said in my psychology of human sexuality class that being in Love blocks the same neurotransmitters as being high on substance (such as cocaine), and so it can significantly damage our decision making ability.  I am clearly in love with Jesus, so maybe my neurotransmitters are a little blocked and I could use some help from someone more sane!
      I was just talking to Caitlin here (20, Canada) and I was telling her just some things that I see in her and we began talking about before DTS and now and the changes that we see in each other.  This is a pretty common topic these days and will probably be even more common over the last month here.  I've come to realize more and more that I didn't get what I was coming for.  I didn't get the hard biblical teaching I thought I would, or the seminary style of lectures I was looking for, or the beautiful piece of paper that says you know the bible.  But, all in God's plan. I came to realize,  instead I got lessons that I would have never thought I was looking for.  How to live in a Christian Community.  How to be a Light among the Lights.  A crash course on missions. A deep, impact full personal relationship with Christ. A chance to see the world.  A chance to serve Christ.  A deeper love for people, God's Children. And So many other things.

      Okay, moving on! Things have been cruising over the last week, I still have the same question on my mind of what the next step is, and probably will for the rest of my life, just like most people.  Always seeking for Christ kind of requires that, as God is always moving.  We're coming down to the end of it, there's only 10 more days left until I'll be stepping back on that plane.  I know from experience, this is an easy time to shut down.  To check out and start looking forward to home and basic things that I take advantage of, like a couch that I actually fit in! (People here are just naturally smaller). This is too easy of a mindset to get into. This is the time we have to really push through!   It gets worse though, tomorrow we're saying goodbye to beautiful Darjeeling and headed down the mountain.  The temperature will no longer be a comfortable 68 degrees, but a miserable 93 degree's with a humidity of 90%.  This is one of those times that as soon as you step out of the bucket shower area, you are once again sweating. 
     One of my professors in college once said this the first day of class; "Statistics show that as murder rates rise, so does the sale of Ice Cream."  Now as a young college mind, it was easy to think, 'so, after people go commit murder, they go out for Ice Cream after? creepy'  When the correlation is actually because of the rise in temperature that brings both of these things to increase.  Needless to say, we're not excited to be back in a hot and humid place. 
       It's about a 3 hour Jeep ride to Siliguri, where we will be doing more kids ministry.  Something new is that we are going to be teaching at a Bible College.  I have no idea what I, Jeremy, can teach BIBLE students, who have probably read through the bible 10+ times and are getting their masters in some type of theological study. Who knows, but what I do know is that I can bless the people, and maybe show them a little something of America if they care to know.  Maybe talk about some of the things I've come to learn over the last 6 months.  Who knows. 
      Last weekend was awesome, we went on quite a adventure.  It was a spontaneous journey that lead us to a school.  Now I could talk about the things we did there, children's parties, house visits, church sermons, and the like, but I'd rather talk about Sarah. (not her real name)   She is a true servant of Christ.  She's single, adopted 6 kids, runs the school, runs a church out of the school, and constantly hikes around for hours for fellowship among believers.  She is an inspiration to me and all of my team.  That is Dying To Self, that is what it means to be a follower of Christ.  After all the scheduled ministry was done, we got to just hang out with her and her 6 kids late one night while cooking dinner.  Those are moments I'll never forget.  Playing in the rain while the power is out genuinely enjoying each others company knowing that we have the same ultimate goal: Bring Glory to God. And nothing will ever, ever stop us.




Chained to him,

Jeremy
jcrob33@gmail.com 


Hike on! 


Tea! So good here. 


No room in the car, so we ride on top. 


House church fellowship. 


2 comments:

  1. I read your blogs and whether you think so or not...TAH because of them!

    p.s. I know you think so because I read your previous blogs too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogs help me understand a little of what you are learning and experiencing so I can pray more specifically. Also I just love knowing what happening to you. Grandma R

    ReplyDelete