Thursday, March 19, 2015

5 Things I Regret Making Fun of Newlyweds For


1. Going to Bed Early
         I never thought I would understand the need to go to sleep before 11 o'clock, let alone 9 o'clock! But, as I've now been married for a little over 2 months, I start seeing myself going to sleep at the 9:00pm hour! What a weird-o!


2. Never Leaving Home
        I think the biggest reason, for me at least, is that I no longer have to feel like I have to  'do something awesome' every night. Like beating a level on Call Of Duty, or seeing as many friends as I can, or accomplishing some unknown task. No longer do I need to fill this void of presenting myself as 'cool.' Instead, the only place I want to be on a typical night, is with my wife. Curling up in a nice warm bed.


3. Rarely Being Alone

The "other person" is always there. Now that I'm in this same boat. It's Awesome.

4. Being Back Before S/He Gets Off Work
Who doesn't want to come home to a clean apartment with candles and something fresh cooked. I try, as often as I can, to setup the same thing for my wife just as she does for me.


5. Gaining A Couple Pounds
  "Couples who have been married for two years or longer are more likely to gain weight than their single counterparts..." Straight from livestong.com (Here). I'm quickly falling into this fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment