Thursday, April 16, 2015

4 Rules to Increase Your Visibility via Social Media







Now, the key is to get the attention of the SEO's (Search Engine Optimization, here is a great beginners guide).  Which means we want our pages to be Relevant and Popular.


I run social media for my church. I wanted to do this to the best of my ability, so after months of talking to people, reading blogs, looking up research, and taking advantage of every resource I possibly could, I put everything together to the use of social media in 4 simple rules.



1 - Consistency is King

Post. Like. Update. Blog. Write. Check-in. Respond. Regularly.  But no more than once per day.


2 - Link Everything

Everything needs to be linked to each other in order to grab the SEO's attention and create traffic to and from webpage to webpage.  So link everything.  Blog to Twitter, Twitter to Facebook, Facebook to blog, Facebook to Instagram. Link everything. 


3 - Quality Over Quantity

The old tried and true rule. Make sure that whatever you post is of the highest quality.  If its a picture, make sure its not blurry and its grainy.  If its a blog check for spelling errors (I know, I should take my own advice seriously!). Whatever it is. Quality speaks wonders. 


4 - Protect Yourself

The last thing you want for yourself or your business is to have a negative user experience (UX), or get a bad reputation from a review.  Make sure that you are posting things you are allowed to post!  For example, if you are posting pictures of kids at VBS, make sure you get the parents permission or at the very least, inform the parents of this possibility before posting it online.  Give the parents an opportunity to opt out before your splatter pictures of their kids online. (I'm saying this from experience!)








Above all else, remember these 3 goals.

Create Community. Maintain Relationships. Communicate Vision. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment