Monday, April 20, 2015

Here Am I. Send Me!






Have you ever seen Fury? Its an amazing movie about a group of guys who are in a tank in the second World War.  Check it out if you get a chance.

The amazing part of this movie is that during the filming, one of the actors became a Christian. 

Simply put, Shia Labeouf said that he couldn't just read the bible and pray in a fake way as the script called for his character to do.  But God touched him.

What a beautiful sense of the Holy Spirit.

As you all know, I've been a youth pastor for a couple of years now, and whats amazing to me is people constantly think I'm doing good things, and working for the Lord.  

But I do nothing at all! 

It is only through the power of the Holy Spirit that people come to Christ, and as we see in Shia's case, you don't need a pastor, or youth pastor, or mentor, or priest to lead you to Christ.  Just open your Bible. Talk to Him. He is begging you too. 

I am Nothing. He is everything.




I can't help but think of this scene over and over and over: 
Here Am I. Send Me!


More on Isaiah 6:8-9 soon. 
Chained To Him. 








No comments:

Post a Comment