Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ministry

      They define ministry here a little differently then I've ever seen it.  Usually the thought that I have is that its your personal evangelism, or maybe something you do in the 'church' to reach people either of God or that need God.  But its different here.  This week was ministry week.  Everyone (40 of us) sit in a circle and one person get the floor.  They talk about hurt or brokenness that in their lives.  Some of the things that came out, have never been out before.  A broken secret that they have had on their shoulders  all these years.  Its so cool to watch people bring out the hurt and fill in with God's love.  When it came time for me to go, it was awkward.  All I could really say was that I have an amazing community and family back home, that God has healed me from a lot of brokenness and I felt like He didn't want me to stir up the past.  So thank you, all, who have been there for me over the years.
       The title of the lectures this week was 'Father Heart of God' which was way cool.  The speaker, Pablo, talked about what role our earthly father plays, and our heavenly father plays.  I realized just how blessed I am (again!) because of who my father is.  Always loving, and caring, and able to correct me when I'm wrong.  So thank you, Dad.
    I actually really have to go because as I type this, we're packing up the bus to head to an island.  Its called 'Stratford' or Stratty as the locals say.  Sounds like its some of the most beautiful beaches in Australia. "Straight out of a post card" one of the staff said.



This is one of the places that I go to pretty often.  Its in the middle of Downtown Brisbane.






For all those who care.  This is the gym that I have access too.  Its pretty small but awesome. Lots of people like to work out.  Here are a few of my 'bros.'







In Him,
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment