Friday, March 22, 2013

Don't Stop Me Now

      It really feels good to call this place home.  On the bus back from Straddie Island, we all we really excited on the bus saying 'Oh man, home is so close!'  Its a truth that is just now setting into my heart.  I've been here 5 weeks now, and 'base' here is my home.  We stayed the week here,  at base, which was a nice break.  Sleeping in a bed and having a kitchen are things that we really take advantage of.  We did get to learn about this bible this week, which was really good, the speaker wanted everyone to understand the Story of the bible.  This is something that I have been longing for, something that I don't think I understand enough of, even now.  We got into groups and acted out 21 major scenes from the bible, which was so fun! 
  The Beach to Bush school (mine) played soccer against the sports school Thursday morning, quite early in the morning.  I've never been a soccer player, but I'm a bigger dude, I just kind of ran around and used myself as a human shield on defense.  Needless to say, we won! First time that's happened in 4 years. 

I'm on the top right. 5 people in.


Ronnie and I riding bike, fastest way to get to the mall.








This is really cool! I pass this park on my run
in the morning, it has all this workout equipment
that anyone can use! 


   Now we're headed to this event called EasterFest.  Its a 3 day long music festival with about 35,000 people.  Our job is to setup for the next four days, then we will all separate into various jobs like; hanging with the youth groups that come to the festival, cleaning, security, green room server, tea server, worship prayer etc.  I've been told its a crazy hard week, you'll get 6 hour shifts from like midnight to 6am! There is 72 straight hours of worship as well as a main stage that has bigger bands from around the world.
   After that we head straight to Byron Bay for a week on evangelism.  This is one of those places that you think of when people think "Australia".  Beautiful beach town beaches.  That being said.  I won't have internet for the next two weeks! I will miss hearing from you all!


Last thing. Meet my team. Team India. This is on Straddie Island.
Left to right.
 Michael, We call him Minnesota, good guy who grew up milking the cows at 4:30am every morning.  
Then Team leader Marley, she's from California.  Went to Vanguard for a year and a half before coming out here.
Next is Julia.  She's from Canada, really fun and energetic person who is always looking at the bright side of things.
Then Ronnie who is also from California, he actually came to YWAM because Marley told him about it.  He's a pretty funny guy who loves Jesus.
        Next is me!
In the red we have Iris the other team lead.  She is from Netherlands and is defiantly one of the most positive people I have ever met.
Finally Caitlin, who is also from Canada, funny thing, before coming to YWAM she was at a bible school on a sail boat in greece for 3 months.  Then backpacked part of Europe by herself!


Thanks for reading.  Feel free to comment, like, retweet, push forward, print, publish, instagramy, pin... You get the idea!



Chained to him,
Jeremy 












3 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a good time the whole Liquid ministry misses you.
    -Adam Pisciotta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother. Thank you for the kind words. Love Jesus my bro. Nothing else matters.

      Delete
  2. Jeremy - wow finally catching up with all your blogs! What an amazing journey you are on. Sounds like God is stretching you, but you are stretching right back. Love reading all of them and yuck, how did you ever swallow that fish bait? Glad it was you and not me in the middle of the night. Mama Olivett

    ReplyDelete