Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rain drops and silly thoughts


         Well, its been raining here a lot.  Like everyday.  At first I loved it! I love the rain, walking in the rain, playing ultimate frisbee in the rain, playing in puddles... All of it.  Its awesome... at first.  It gets old after a while to be honest.  It really created some cool conversations and basic entertainment which was nice but for the most part, ya I'm over the rain...

         This week was pretty cool, we had this guy named Sean come speak to us.  Before he started speaking and they were introducing him, God put on my heart "What he says is going to change your life."  And yes... it really did.  If you recall, last week I had a hard time getting into the speaker because he was just talking out of personal experience.  Come to find out, Sean has his masters in Theology from Moody bible college, which in my thinking, made him legitimate.  Honestly,  Thank God for him, and what he had to share.  He talked about hearing the voice of God in a biblical way... which was so good to hear.  Its something I've tried to do over the past few years and I was excited to hear his views that were biblically backed.  He even said, "95% of the time, God speaks through the bible."

       The second half of the week was about Intercession, that is, standing in the Gap on behalf of someone else.  This is a huge practice that YWAM follows.  It is a pretty intense thing to do and can really show the power of Jesus Christ.  The one thing though, was that we were in prayer for upwards of 5 hours... That is pretty hard. Its also draining.  Emotionally, physically and spiritually draining. There's really so much more I could talk about what I've learned this week, but I wouldn't want to bore all of my followers. ;)

       I will say though, I got my outreach locations this week! Basically we get 4 options, then they have us sit with it and pray about it for a few days and tell them what we come up with.  Monday, I'll know for sure what my location is.  It was quite a process to deicde.   When they put the 4 up, 2 jumped out at me.  One of them seemed 'fun and exciting' and the other seemed hard.  After many hours of prayer and meditation, I wrote down the hard one.  :)

     This week we did some really fun things! Had a grandparents party.  Few of us guys decided to go as grandma's... man it was funny.  dancing like a grandma, wearing a dress, and a pretty little hat.  Ugh, you really can't beat it.  My 1on1 leader looked at me and said "Welcome to YWAM"  Cracked me up, so cool to have a group of friends to do dumb things like that with and just be able to laugh at ourselves all night.  On the opposite side though, I also got to sit down and have some delicious coffee with a few friends.  First off, they have amazing coffee places here where people go and sit for hours on end, second, these moments are where we get to really know each other and be very authentic with each other.


     This week we are starting the Father, Heart of God as our lessons.  Next week.  We'll be backpacking... ;)



In Him,
Jeremy










No comments:

Post a Comment