Thursday, October 31, 2013

There is something Ironic about being home..

   I can't quite put a finger on it.  Maybe its the people I run into.  I have a few different responses when running into old friends, or people that I know.  There's a typical, "Hey, have you left yet?" from those who support me through most things in life, but we might only see each other a few times a year.  A more common, "How was your trip! Tell me the best and worst part?!"  To which I have a common answer of, 'it was hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world.' Most the students I have simply: (squeek!) then "Are you coming back to Liquid?" and I say, "I'm here now aren't I?"   and every once in a while I'll get a "So, how long are you back for?" For this I was confused and not expecting.  I wasn't sure what to say the first time, so I told a long way around story "Yeah... uuhh... I'm not sure, just trying to follow God's call!"  Its very possible that I didn't make myself clear when i left, that I would only be leaving for 8 months, but its also possible, that some of these people understand me and know my call.  You see, while I was in YWAM a few things were confirmed by God and a few new things showed up.  One of the things that was confirmed was that I have a heart of students and the next generation, more specifically for those in America.  And that might be because I understand them and can connect with them, but I think its more because I see the potential a student here has.  One kid, growing up with all the possibilities here, can change lives, easily.  They just have to get the heart for it.     Let me explain.  My last blog I wrote about a student I've had for years named Joey.  I'll never know or understand what ultimately did it, but he has that heart.  He wants everyone around him to understand Jesus and get the Love of Jesus.   That, is what gives me energy.
      The new things that were brought on while in YWAM, well, there were many.  But I can remember one morning during worship, I lost it.   In YWAM they call it the electric fence.  God hits you so hard and in such a real way that you can't do anything else but sit in his glory.  God very obviously asked me if I would give up everything for him.  My passport, my home, my friends, my white picket fence.  I said yes.  And this was huge.  I didn't realize it then, but I was saying yes to missions.  Now, I'm not saying that i'm leaving tomorrow, but I am saying, at some point, I want to be out 'there' whatever that means.  
     So here, the answer to the question everyone has been asking, and I've been asking myself... What's Next?
     Well, I'm applying to Denver Seminary to go after my MDiv.  I'm not going to lie, it will be REALLY hard.  But I'm excited.  I want proper training of the bible to know God, so that I can more effectively teach it.   During this time, I would love to be working with a youth group.  Currently its just on a volunteer status, but the truth is, I don't want to look for another youth group that will hire me, my heart is here, in this place that I'm currently sitting.  For some reason, God has given me a heart for Cherry Hills, the staff, the students, the building, the area.  I mean, I came to the coffee shop by myself just to write this blog, because I know God is alive here, and there's a small chance I'll run into some students that I know and Love.  It only means that I have to work back at Pizza Hut at the same time to pay the bills, can't complain.   Who know's where I'll be in 5 years.  But I'm open to anything.
    I should mention, there's a girl... Nothing to serious yet, but, I'd say she has big potential.



Chained to Him,

Jeremy





Colorado reception of this beautiful couple. 



Dressing up for Wednesday nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment