Friday, August 30, 2013

My Perception of Vacation has been Skewed

       Most of you know, I'm currently in Hawaii!  Its beautiful here.  But I'm not having the 'vacation' most people would want to while being here.  You see God has been very clearly telling me that I should take advantage of the fact that I have a week alone without any real responsibilities.  Its really been awesome, I've been able to talk to a good amount of my fellow YWAM friends who wished they would have done something before going home.  Re-entry can be a difficult process and I am fortunate enough to be able to take it slow.  I've filled my week with some pretty simple things, local coffee shops, Phone calls to home, lots of time in the bible, Snorkeling, and visiting Pearl Harbor.  Its been awesome.  The good thing about being an introvert is that I can very easily enjoy myself doing just about anything.  That being said, I'm getting ready to go to dinner with some of my 'roommates' from the Hostel here.
      I've told a few people about how I'm reading through the bible currently, and I stumbled upon a beautiful story.  Its in 1st Kings 19.  This is where The Lord speaks to Elijah.  Elijah is kinda just chillin on a hill waiting for the Lord to speak and many things happen,  First there is a huge wind storm, but The Lord was not in the wind.  Then there was a Earthquake, and The Lord was not in the Earthquake.  Then there was a fire storm of some sort, but The Lord was not in the fire.  After the Fire, there was the sound of a gentle whisper, and this was the Lord's voice.
          So many times we, I, look for the Lord in huge things and huge ways, he is there I'm sure, but the way that he speaks to us on a personal level is often in something as small as a Whisper.  We have to take the time to settle down, slow down, and listen.  Its not easy with so many distractions in life, but this is where we can hear that small whisper. This is what I'm going for, and what I will be pursuing more of over the next couple of weeks.  I'm really trying to hear from the Lord what my next move is going to be, currently though, I'm leaning toward Seminary and getting a masters degree.  That could be MDiv or Youth Ministry, I'm not sure and haven't gotten that far, but as far as what's next, as every day passes, I think more and more about Seminary.
   

       So!  I leave for California tomorrow at 5AM.  I'll be with my bro Ronnie there, he's from YWAM. Then officially coming to Colorado September 5th, about 1AM I believe.  I'll be pretty busy for a little while though, I'm jumping right into a wedding that I'll be the best man for on the 21st.  With that comes some responsibilities that I haven't been able to attend to.  I would absolutely love to meet with every single one of you who have followed me on my journey.  Thank you for keeping up and caring.  I will continue with this blog... well, maybe forever!


Chained to him,
Jeremy



USS Arizona. 


Snorkeled with some sea turtles here. Habana Bay 

If you're going to read your bible in hawaii, why not do it in the most beautiful location? 

4 comments:

  1. you should come visit us jr highers at cherry hills when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just let us know when you're coming on your blog :).

      Delete
  2. Welcome back home! Super encouraged by everything you've said and the stories you've shared. I love Elijah's story too. Listening for God's gentle whisper. Beautiful. And your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete