Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where do I even start?

          So many times I sit back and think about being here, currently Brisbane, Australia. About being in this community and place with these people at this time in my life with these leaders and struggling with these issues (whatever they may be that day).  I tend to be more on the side that its all God's doing and timing, that where I am in life didn't just happen by chance, but like God is in full control of my everything, so he set up my every action before I was ever around.  And its amazing to know that he has my back in everything I do, this is something that we, as Christ followers, have to do constantly.  Remind ourselves that no matter what happens or where we are, God has us in his hands.
     I've been back on the YWAM base for a week now, and its been amazing.  It has been a lot more relaxed of a week then I've had over the past 6 months, mostly just finishing odds and ends in paper work and homework and meetings with the school leader.  This gives us a good amount of free time, which I tend to be intentional with my free time knowing that most of the friends I've made here, I may never see again.  We knew it from the beginning, but its weird to come down to that point.  I mean, I've shared life altering moments with these people, I've talked with them for countless hours sharing the most deep and intimate thoughts to each other.  I know that this is a process, but it does make me sad.  I hope for the best for my friends here.  I hope that one day we can do some kind of ministry together or run into each other once again.
     How can I even sum up the last 6 months? How am I going to answer the questions when I get home?  "How was Australia?" "What was the best part?" "What was the hardest part?" "What's next?" I think I'll come up with some easy answer, the one most people are looking for, the 5 second answer that I can give in passing conversation.  Honestly, these questions are not simple answers, and they will really only come out in time.  While sitting at coffee, or over dinner, or smoking a tabacco pipe, or whatever it might be. 

     As I sit here in this wonderful little coffee shop just down from the base called the Taverner, I'm realizing just how much I love this place.  I'm really going to miss it.  Its a wonderful life here, and sure there has been some hardships, but I really do love it here in Australia as well as YWAM.  From the beginning I figured that once I got to the last week, I would be at a point where I couldn't wait till I got home, that's why I originally booked my flight for the day after.  I'm a home body, and many days went by where I just thought about being home, and wanted to be there more then anything else.  Coming down to it though, I don't want to leave.  I love it here.  It's at the moment of when things come to an end that you realize just how wonderful they are.  I think that's what I'm going to go through this week, I'm going to miss the annoying people in the morning who want to talk when I just woke up, I'm going to miss the people at midnight who beg me to stay awake and hang out with them, I'm going to miss having to push myself in every new direction.  


I don't even know how to end this blog, It's going to take me some time to process.  More soon.


J


Dish crew.  Some of my best evenings were spent here. 


Men of DTS 


Beautiful Brisbane. I've posted this a few times, but it gets better and better every time I see it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment